Friday, March 12, 2010

Where are my manners...

I have been in the flu bubble for a couple of days now and somewhere in my sickly world completely forgot to publicly say a big THANK YOU to all the fine folks that joined me for my first ever basic photo 101 class this week. I'm still floating on cloud 9 from all the excitement and love from that class... good times!

I had a bit of inspiration when reviewing the class and even while teaching the class. I think from this point forward my beginners class will be known as photo 101:MECHANICS and my next installment of class series will be known as photo 102:CREATIVE. The beginners basic class is all about the MECHANICS of your camera - the bells, the whistles, the 'thing-a-ma-jig' buttons and the 102:CREATIVE is where we will learn and put into practice some CREATIVE shooting techniques. If you are interested in signing up for a 102:CREATIVE class I ask that you either take my 101:MECHANICS class first or be familiar enough with your camera to comfortably shoot in either Av (Aperture Priority) or Tv (Shutter Priority) mode. In 102:CREATIVE there will be some instructional class as well as doing some live shooting; dates/times have not been set yet so stay tuned to the blog or Facebook for the details.

And now, for the latest installment of:


1) Being sick SUCKS! Not that this is any sort of REAL news to anyone, but seriously I almost never get sick so when I do it's real bad. Me and Nyquil have just hit a new level of our relationship.

2) Ever heard of WPPI? Well, if you're a photog and you haven't then it's quite possible you really do live under a rock, however what you do need to know is that WPPI is kind of the yearly mecca for wedding and portrait photographers from around the world. Now, I have never attended, but from all the fantastic blog entires and updates I'm seeing I'm thinking it is now my #1 goal for 2011. Anyone up for a trip to Vegas next March?

3) Redesign. Refashion. It's on my mind 24/7... wait and see.

And, since we all need something visually stimulating after all that verbiage... this is from a recent shoot I had with a couple of beautiful HS girls. Remember I'm still looking for a few HS Senior models who want a free shoot and some other goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

{my contact}

Michelle Herrick
tel: 480/326.4134

{random questions}

{archive}

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP