Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ten Guilty Pleasures

OK, so I'm sitting here, madly scrambling all my ideas and thoughts into cohesive sentences for my photo notes handout for next weeks class. When my mind started to deviate from the task at hand and inevitably found its way to trying to telepathically transport one of my all-time guilty pleasures into my hand. Which then got me thinking, what are some of my guilty pleasures.

Here they are... in no particular order (well, other than #1)...

1) Coke-cola. Ahhhh, feel the burn! It's what wakes me in the morning and puts me to sleep at night. It's also the reason for these lovely 10 extra pounds that seem to have settle in my, well, dairy-aire and other non-flattering body parts. Boo!

2) Paper. I love all kinds of fun paper, stationary, cards, linen, texture, cover, text. I love the hunt for just the right paper and the feel and impact it has on what ever you're creating. My other dream in life would be to have or run a fun, boutique paper store.

3) Kids clothes. I'm a sucker for anything little. This is probably why I insist on throwing away or donating my kids' old clothes the second they out grow them - it just gives me an excuse to go and buy more.

4) Nielson's Frozen Custard. This is actually a funny story. When I first moved to AZ over 11 years ago I had never, ever heard of frozen custard. In Cali we had ice cream, and sometimes gelato, but no frozen custard. So, when the hubs and I started dating and subsequently married he kept trying to take me to some frozen custard place. I would get so mad and tell him how gross that would be - I mean custard, that's frozen? Now mind you my Mom is the greatest baker and cook EVER! So my frame of reference for custard was eggs, milk and sugar beaten together... ummm yeah, now imagine that frozen. Gross, right? It wasn't till he took me kicking and screaming and force feeding me some of his concrete creation that it is now one of my all time favorite desserts. Yum!

5) Long drives. I do love a good road trip now and then, but my favorite is just a long drive with no real destination in sight. Picking new roads to drive on; finding new little nooks and crannies in different cities.

6) Chipotle's chicken burrito bowl. I'll eat that thing 7-days a week, 365 days a year. Hands down, my favorite meal.

7) Shoes. Seriously, what girl isn't complete without her ode to the Imelda Marcos shoe collection.

8) My mom. I can't go a day without talking to her at least once, most likely more. In the uncomfortable times when we've had a disagreement and we go our separate ways for a couple of days to cool of, it is the most painful time for me. The woman is my best friend.

9) Discounts. Really, any money saving sales, discounts, freebies just makes me a happy person. For example, today I spoke with our auto insurance guy because of a billing snafu on their part and in talking with him he suggested we look at this other insurance division of theirs to see if it will lower our monthly bill and sure enough it did, but $150 a month. Say whaaaaaat! I'm kind of floating on cloud nine right now.

10) My kids' giggles. OK, maybe this list should have been ranked because of course this would be my numero uno. When the 3 of them get along and all is well and they laugh with their little giggles that are so infectious it just makes me one happy mama. And you know what they say... if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy... ;-)

So there it is, my 10 guilty pleasures. What are some of yours?? Don't be shy, share one or two...

And why not, here's a photo, too... love the clovers since it's almost St. Patty's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

{my contact}

Michelle Herrick
tel: 480/326.4134

{random questions}

{archive}

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP